Lead Partner, Barun IP & Law
|1972 - 1976||College of Law, Chung-ju University (LL.B)|
|1980 - 1982||Overseas Information Service, Ministry of Culture and Information|
|1982 - 1985||Graduate School of Public Administration, Seoul National University (M.PA)|
|1982 - 1987||Legal Affairs Department of Korean Air|
|1986||Admitted to Korean Patent Bar|
|1987 - 1996||Partner of Central International Law Firm (in charge of Trademark Department)|
|1988||Admitted to the 23rd Korean Patent Bar|
|1996 - present||Lead Partner of Barun IP & Law|
|1999 - 2000||President of the Korean Trademarks Institute|
|2000 - 2002||International Affairs Director of the Korean Patent Attorneys Association|
|2000 - present||Panelist of the Korean Internet Address Dispute Resolution Committee(IDRC)|
|2003 - 2009||Chairman of the Trademark Committee of the Asian Patent Attorneys’ Association|
|2004 - present||Panelist of the Asian Domain Name Dispute Resolution Committee (ADNDRC)|
|2005 - 2006||Member of the Presidential Advisory Council on State Science and Technology of the Republic of Korea|
|2006 - present||Panelist of the U.S. National Arbitration Forum (NAF)|
|2006 - present||Director of the Korean Intellectual Property Forum, the Korean Industrial|
Property Rights Institute and the FICPI-Korea
|2007 - present||Arbitrator of Korean Commercial Arbitration Board|
|2008 - present||Panelist of the WIPO|
|2009 - 2010||President of Korea Trademark, Design and Copyright Chapter of the Korean|
Patent Attorneys’ Association
|2011 - present||Policy Advisor of the Ministry of Public Administration and Security|
|2012 - 2015||President of APAA (Asian Patent Attorneys’ Association)-Korean Group|
|2014 - 2015||Vice President of Korean Arbitrators’ Association|
|2014 - present||Chairman of KIDRC (Korea Internet Address Dispute Resolution Committee)|
|2015 - present||Arbitrator of HKIAC - Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre|
Trademark policy advisor for the Korean Intellectual Property Office (KIPO)
Member of international NGOs: INTA, AIPPI, FICPI, ECTA, APAA and PTMG
Recognitions of Mr. Nahm's expertise
• Selected as one of ‘The World's Leading Experts in Trademark Law’ in 1996 by 'Euromoney Publications PLC' based in London.
• Nominated as one of the leading, most highly-acclaimed legal experts, and highly recommended Asia-Pacific-focused lawyers in areas of Intellectual Property Rights, for nine consecutive years (2007 - 2015), by ‘Asia Law’.
• Recognized as the ‘Man of the Year in Law 2010’ by American Biographical Institute for Dedication and Excellence.
• Awarded ‘Winner of the 2010 New Quality Innovation Award (Service Innovation)’ for the first time in the field of legal service in Korea.
• Awarded 2015 Korea Invention Education Writing Award ’ by Korean Academy of Invention Education
• Awarded ‘Korean IP Law Firm of the Year 2012’ by a renowned British monthly magazine, Acquisition International.